Friday, January 13, 2006

Break is Over :-(


Well, so much for starting my term papers over break... But I wasn’t completely unmotivated, I finished two books over break: a German book for my lit class (which was pretty stupid but at least not too difficult to understand) and Frankenstein. Over break I ended up hanging out a bunch with Mario and then later with Kathy. One day last week, Mario and I went for a walk in some woods around Landau. It was really pretty. We also went running and one evening we cooked together. Later, we got together with Kathy for movies and cookie making (which turned out very tasty by the way). Other than that, there isn’t too much exciting stuff going on. I really am going to start working on my papers soon... If anyone knows how to cite a world book or an internet site let me know! I know how to put them in the works cited part of my paper that comes at the end of the paper, but I’m not sure how to cite them in the paper since they don’t have pages like books do. Ex: The indigenous people in.... (Miller 56). Any advice would be much appreciated.

I almost forgot the highlight of this week. This whole week our Hausmeister has been gone for unknown reasons, so Kaija and I have not been able to do our laundry because we couldn’t buy Münzen for the washing machines. Finally, last night, after washing some clothes in my mini bathtub/shower, I went to visit Kaija (who was also washing clothes in her bathtub/shower) and we decided to call Mario and ask if he could buy Münzen from his Hausmeister the next day. We would pay him back, we just wanted clean clothes. He said he would give it a shot and we crossed our fingers that the other building used the same washing system. About 15 minutes later, he rang by our building and handed us two Münzen. We couldn’t believe it. He had gone around to other people in his building and asked if they had any Münzen for us. That was so nice of him. Kaija and I ran down to the basement and did our laundry right away and today I have clean clothes :-)

1 Comments:

At 2:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You got incredible depth-of-field on the city shot. Did you force aperture priority and shut way down, or did the camera do that automatically?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home