Thursday, December 08, 2005

Back in Landau


Yes, we made it back and with no problems. One thing for sure though, is that I am NEVER buying a FIAT. Urs’ FIAT has had some kind of problem almost every weekend that I have been back to visit. This last weekend, not only did the coolant holder leak (the reason for us just barely making it to Hamburg and then being stranded there for two extra days), but also the emergency airbag button was broken, and there was something wrong with the antenna so we couldn’t listen to the radio.

Despite our auto problems, the visit was really nice and it was so cool to see Kira again. We just visited on Friday night and on Saturday we went out to go see the town. We spent some time at the Christmas market and walking around the downtown. At night we went bar hopping and I got to experience the Hamburg nightlife. It was pretty cool and there were so many people! It was like out of a movie or something. We stayed out pretty late and I was frozen because it was so cold out (despite wearing several layers). I was sure that I would be sick the next day but I ended up sleeping until one in the afternoon and felt great when I woke up. I don’t think I’ve ever slept that late in my life! Sunday we hung out at Kira’s apartment for the rest of the day, Monday Urs and I went back downtown to do some shopping, and Tuesday afternoon we were able to return back. It was a good time.

I now have to get ready for two presentations next week but it shouldn’t be too bad I hope, especially since they are both in English. The only bad thing is that I will be gone all day tomorrow in Mainz and the library isn’t open over the weekend. Oh well, I think it will be ok. Wish me luck!

2 Comments:

At 9:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stranded? Aren't there things like trains and buses? I think a better phrase would be voluntarily stuck, since I am sure there are ways you could have gotten back.

 
At 7:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Andi! You look having a good time in Germany like I had a good time in Coe. I'll garantee study abroad is very very good experience for you. Good luck!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home