Friday, November 11, 2005

Live Germans!

Thursday, 10 November 2005

This week was so awesome! I made new German friends and I have something fun to do every week day in the evenings!

I am taking a British film class and as part of the class, we have to watch British movies every Monday night. This week was the first week we saw a film. The film was really good! I think this class will turn out to be very interesting and a lot of fun.

There are sports and different activities every day in the evening that are held by the university. A lot of people told me I should try at least one sport because of the new experience, plus it is a good way to meet people. They give trampoline classes on Tuesday nights so I thought I would go and check it out. Everyone takes turns jumping and learning new tricks on this huge trampoline. Geoffrey went with me and we had a blast!

Wednesday is choir, which is really fun. This Wednesday night the school put on a big party in the atrium or middle connecting part of a bunch of buildings. I thought there wouldn’t be too many people because it was a school night and all, plus there was a 5 Euro cover, but it was packed! There must have been about 500 or 600 people there. The highlight for me was meeting Geoffrey’s tutor and his tutor’s friend. They were both super nice, one even bought me a drink, and I ended up hanging out with them and Geoffrey for the rest of the night. New German friends! Yay! I even got kisses goodbye (in Germany the custom is two kisses, one on each cheek). I think I will go with them to another party next week. I also ran into a girl from my trampoline class and we talked for about ten minutes. I was happy she even remembered me, let alone to come up to me and strike up a conversation. Got back around 3a.m... so tired now! Lots of fun but so smoky... It was like a fog machine was running in there!

Today Tina persuaded me to go to a hip-hop class. I was pretty nervous about it but we showed up and it wasn’t too difficult. I had a blast! The dancing was really cool and the teacher was nice. I can’t wait to go back next week! I also tried out a “New Dance” class, which was ok. It was kind of like interpretive dancing and we did a lot of stretching types of moves. Not super exciting though so I don’t think I’ll go back next week.

Tomorrow I will have some bonding time with the library. I need to figure out a bunch of stuff for my classes and I should get a jump start on working on some of my term papers. Not too fun but it shouldn’t take me all day. Saturday I am going to meet Christina (exchange student to Coe, fall 2004) so that should be fun :-)

3 Comments:

At 8:23 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

You are getting to do so many cool stuff!! Hip Hop sounds like something I wouldn't mind taking either. But I know swing is still the dance form that you love ;)

 
At 6:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Live Germans....as opposed to dead ones? Are there german zombies? That would be cool.
:-)

 
At 6:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Andrea! It sounds like you are having a ball! I'm so jealous! Good luck with all your classes and that dance class sounds like it'd be really cool! love ya! <3 Dani

 

Post a Comment

<< Home