Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Halloween and Meeting Friends

Wednesday 2 November, 2005

A bunch of the exchange students and I got together on Halloween for a scary movie night. It was really fun and the movie wasn’t too bad either :-) Yes, of course I was scared through the whole thing, but it wasn’t so bad in the end. Hanane cooked and Kathy and Kaija brought a bunch of candy so it was a good time. Here is a pic of us all together. About halfway through the movie, the lights in Hanane’s room went out. We couldn’t get them to turn back on so a few people had to venture to the house master in the other building to ask him to help us out... he lives in the basement coincidentally. Well, he wasn’t there so we messed around with the lights some more and figured out that it was Hanane’s water boiler that had made the lights not work. There had been water spilled on it but when we unplugged it, everything turned back on. A pretty fun time for a Halloween night :-)



Halloween was also the first day of classes. British film is my first class on Monday. I also have Deutsche Als Fremdsprache but it didn’t meet this week. Tina (exchange student to Coe fall 2003 and also my roommate for that semester) is in that class too so I got to see her again for the first time in almost two years. She was really nice and she spoke German to me very slowly so I could understand everything. She invited me to come with her on Tuesday (yesterday) with her family and boyfriend, Jörg, to a beautiful park/zoo. It was amazing! The park was really nice and there were a bunch of different animals living there. There were some buildings like a zoo would have, with animals and fish and such. There was also an amazing teahouse that was made entirely from materials from China. Here's a pic of it. It was a really nice vacation. I would like to go back in summer when all the flowers are blooming. They have two cats and two guinea pigs. I’ll have to take a pic of the guinea pigs to put up online. They are so cute and Tina built the incredible three-story house for them. This pic is of Tina, Jörg, and one of their cats.

More classes today and tomorrow but free on Friday! I think I have almost everything figured out. It’s been frustrating trying to hunt down where all the classes will be and how to get a hold of the professors. Almost over though!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home