Monday, October 31, 2005

Landau ist so Schön!

Monday, 31 October, 2005


On Friday, Joanna, Kathy, Kaija, and I went to Neustadt. We just wandered around and went shopping but it was still fun. Plus, Neustadt has an H&M, something Landau doesn't have. I bought a sweater for 7,50 Euro. What a great deal! Here are some pics I took while we were there. The girl in the street pic is Joanna.

The country surrounding Landau is really beautiful. From my window I can see some small mountains over the building across from mine. On Saturday I went running just to the north of Landau (my apartment building is on the northern edge of town) where there are beautiful paths. This region is known for its wine so there are fields and fields of grapes. The people that own these vineyards must not mind other people on their property because all the paths around them are open to whoever would like to walk through them. To the west of the vineyards are trails that link the little towns in this region together. It is so beautiful, they put our bike trails to shame. Later on Saturday I went for a walk here with Joanna and Geoffrey (a French exchange student) and I took some pictures. The weather has been amazing here too. In the mornings it is usually overcast and misty, but in the afternoon the sun comes and all the clouds are gone.



The people here have been so nice to me. I am starting to feel at home here. For one, the exchange students are all awesome. Saturday night I invited Joanna and Geoffrey over for dinner and then we watched a movie. After the movie we just hung out in my room and talked until almost 1:00a.m. Last night Hanane, Geoffrey, Joanna, Ula (also from Poland), and I had dinner in Joanna and Ula’s room and then talked until 12:00a.m. They are so friendly and easy to get along with. The German students from Coe have been really wonderful too. I ran into Sandy (at Coe spring 2005) and she drove me to get my visa (the building was on the other side of town). Yesterday, Freddie and Kevin (at Coe fall 2004) took me to Kevin’s grandparent’s house for lunch and then to Speyer for some sightseeing. I took some pictures of this too. Kevin also is lending me his T.V. and DVD player so I can watch German T.V. and movies in my room!

1 Comments:

At 12:01 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I love the pictures! I'm glad you have a great set of exchange students to hang out with. Have fun. Cheers!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home