Wednesday, January 25, 2006

International Abend

Last night the exchange students put on an international evening for the campus... Or should I say, we were told that we were going to put on an international evening for the campus and given less than a week to prepare everything! I was slightly annoyed by this since we were not given much time, instruction, or direction where as by Coe, the international students are given at least a month’s notice. Oh well, in the end it worked out alright. Kathy and I got together on Sunday and baked about 80 chocolate chip cookies. We were supposed to present our country in some way, either by making food, presenting something, or both, but the topics were left very open. I didn’t know what I could say or present about Coe or Chicago, plus that would require a lot of talking in front of a lot of people in German, so I decided to teach people the basic steps to swing dancing. I’ve been teaching Mario how to dance so he was able to help me. I wasn’t sure how it would go over and if people would be up for a ten-minute dancing lesson, but I think it went over well. I was also nervous because I was the first one to present and my German is still so bad, but when I told people that I wanted them to try, a bunch of people jumped up and gave it a shot. I think they had fun... :-)

1 Comments:

At 9:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Andi! I am finally getting around to checkin' your blog out. Looks great! For the international abend Kayla, Heidi, and I made rice crispy treats and taught the crowd to line dance:-) Isn't it fun!
Keep the good writing up!
Kristy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home